One of my favorite things to do to my face is using a sheet mask. I mostly use hydrating and detoxifying sheet masks at least once a week. Sheet masks are a convenient way to treat your skin to something refreshing. All you have to do is open the package, lay the mask over your face and wait at least 15 minutes before removing it. The clean up progress is so easy, all you have to do is throw away the packaging and sheet mask when done. These masks are generally inexpensive and favorite brands to use are Miss Spa, Yes To, and Sephora Brand.
Although sheet mask are not expensive I found a way to make them myself. I am a DIY Belle at heart and when I realized there were simple ways to make my own sheet masks, I couldn’t help myself.
In this blog, I will be sharing with you step by step how to make your own sheet mask using natural face cotton compressed facial mask, purchased from Amazon.
Honey n’ Oaks Nourishing Mask
1 tablespoon of Honey
1/2 cup of Plain Oaks
2 cup Hot water
Bowl and Strainer
Compressed sheet mask tablet
This mask is meant to nourish normal to dry skin. Honey is a natural ingredient that will moisturize the skin. Oaks contains natural anti-inflammatory properties to help treat and prevent rashes and irratated skin. Together the 2 natural ingredients will nourish and hydrate your normal to dry skin for beautiful health skin.
- Heat 1 cups of water (about 250 degrees) and pour in a mixing bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 cup of plain oaks to the hot water
- Gentle stir twice and let mixture brew for 5 minutes
- Use strainer to drain the oats (you may discard oats after draining)
- Drop 1 compressed sheet mask tablet in liquid solution. Watch it expand!
- Unfold sheet mask and place over your face
- Leave on face for at least 20 minutes then remove from face and discard sheet mask
Tip: Use it cold or warm.
You can repeat 2-3 times a week, as needed to hydrate and soothe your skin. The remaining solution of this mask can be stored up to 3 months in a cool, dry place. Be sure to keep the jar tightly sealed.
Bonus: You can add a few drops of essential oils if you desire.
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive commissions for the purchase/booking made through this link at no extra cost to you.