Hi Beautiful! So I have some products to share with you. As I was cleaning up I am across a few empty bottles of products that I’ve used. So I decided to hold on to a them to share my reviews of each of them with you. Then I had to also go shopping to re-up on a few products, I’ll share it as well.
- Mahogany Teakwood scented candle from White Barn/ Bath & Body Works. I love this candle. They normally run for $22.50 but I think I bought this candle during a sale for like buy one get one free or something like that. I burned it all during the holidays. I really like the scent. It has a unique oak smell, that reminds you of something manly and masculine. I wish I would have bought two of them now that I’m out of this one. But I will definitely be re-purchasing it (with or without a coupon or sale).
- Shea Moisture’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow and Restore Shampoo w/ Shea Butter & Apple Cider Vinegar. I’m not very picky with shampoos and conditioners. So I purchased this product along with the condition at CVS back in the summer. I think there was a buy one get on free sale going on. This product didn’t really do anything for me. I was hoping that it would help clarify and nourish my curl pattern (My hair is Natural). But I those weren’t the results I got from using it. I will say that my hair was soft after using the shampoo & conditioner. But I saw not change in my curls, which is what I was looking for. So I don’t think I will be re-purchasing this particular product from Shea Moisture, but there are other Shea Moisture products that I do love and will continue to buy.
- Recently I picked up, the Cantu Shea Butter Intensive Repair deep treatment masque to deep condition my hair. I bought is in a little 175 fl oz packette from target. I think it was like $1.49. I wanted to deep condition my hair really good, Because I’d just taken down my braids and my hair hadn’t been washed or conditioned if a while. So I use this product after my wash. I massaged the product throughout my roots and the the ends of my hair and put on a shower cap. I let is sit for a few hours, as a did a few things around the house. Then I washed all the product out with cold water and patted my hair dry with a cotton t-shirt. This process made my hair feel really good and easy to detangle before styling. I wanted to cater to the ends of my hair a little since I’d had braids for so long- to prevent breakage. And I think it got the job done. I plan on used this product again the next time I deep condition, in about two weeks or so.
- I love to wear my hair big an curly so I discovered Lotta Body Wrap me Foaming Mousse. I love love love love this product. I use if with I doing my curls wet or dry. I feel like it keeps my curls soft and gives them sooooo much body. And this is a product I just picked up at a wig shop for $4.99. I have already re-purchase a couple a bottles to make sure I don’t run out for a while. I don’t see myself ever doing my curls without using it.
- I was never big on using a detangler, until my hair started to grow and get really hard to comb out after a wash. So I picked up this small sample sized Olive Oil Leave In Conditioning Detangler. And I really do see a difference when I comb through my hair. This bottle is one 1 fl oz. and has last me since the summer. I will definitely invest in getting a bigger bottle.
I’m always in the store picking up things I do not need. LOL! But I want to share some of the stuff I’ve recently picked up.
- I heard a lot about the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. So now that I do my makeup more often I decided to invest in this product to see what all the hype is about. I like it so far and haven’t had any issues or complaints. I still use my NYX primer from time to time, but for no particular reason. Just whatever is in perfect reach when I’m doing my make-up at the time.
- The next two products are make up items that I picked up in the makeup store and haven’t even used yet, but I’m excited to start wearing them. The first one is Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening mascara. I don’t fake wear eyelashes because I think my eyelashes are thick enough. So I hope this mascara will give my natural eyelashes that eye popping look I need for that dramatic effect. The other item is a lip gloss that just look amazing on my lips. It’s the Bobbi Brown Rich Color Gloss, in the color pink cocoa. I sampled it in the store and was oooooo I like!!!! I love a natural tone lip. So any nudes, coffee, or cocoa color for the lips I will buy.
- And now that I wear make up more often, I wanted to switch up my facial cleanser. So I bought the L’Oreal Paris go 360 Clean. It has an exfoliating scrubber attached to the bottle, so I though it’ll be great for cleansing my face after removing my make up.
- I was reading last monthly Essence issue, and saw a ad for Carol’s Daughter. I have always heard people talk about the products but I never tried the product. After reading the Ad, I searched #carolsdaughter on Instagram and twitter and saw how trendy it was for natural hair. I decided to try some of products. Like I said before, I’m not picky about using different shampoo and conditioners. I purchased the Sacred Tiare Shampoo and Condition, as well as the leave –in conditioner. I have love used the combination of all three products once. So I want to use it a few more times before I give it a review.
- I am challenging myself to keep a lot of heat away from my hair. So I plan on wear my hair curly for a while. And only wash it once every two weeks. So I had to pick up to necessary products. One is the Cantu Shea Butter daily oil moisturizer. Because I want to make sure that I keep my ends moisturized so they don’t get dry, brittle and damaged. And the other is Suave Professional Dry Shampoo with Keratin infusion for a hair refresh in between washes if my hair gets to oily.
Stay tuned for more product reviews. I want to start a monthly tend of empties and newbies. And if you know of any good make-up, skin care, or home goods products I should try comment below. I am slick a product junkie and will buy and try almost anything with cute packaging or natural/ organic benefits.
Until next time stay sweet as pie !!!