It’s been a while since I’ve done a “Trashy Talk” post. So, go ahead and get your snacks and wine to read this post (I’m drinking Rosa Obscura Red Blend), cause its going to be al long one.
Before we get started, I will only be hylinking the brands or products that maybe sponsored. I’m not giving no free promo over her. So if you see a product that is linked, click it just because you love me.
- I often buy my deep treatments and hair mask in little packets. I honestly don’t know why, lol. Maybe, its the size if the packets that attract me. I’m sure its not saving any money by buying the packet over a full sized product. I normally pick these up in Dollar General or Walmart for about $1.50 each. I grab a few every time I’m in the store. I love Cantu, it does wonders for my curls. The deep treatment hair masque really restores my curls with moisture every time I use it.
- My hair can get really frizzy and look dry but not really be dry. So I’m always looking for products that help control my frizz issues and keep my hair feeling and LOOKING moisturized. Kurlee Belle’s Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment is so creamy and thick yet works into your curls really well. The creamy consistency is kindof lumpy, I feel like it really helps the formula condition my curls from root to ends. I received this product from a brand deal earlier this year, but I will definitely be purchasing this product and a few others from this line to add into my hair wash rotation.
- I’d been wanting to try the 1-minute hair mask by Garnier Fructis for al while, but I didn’t purchase it until I couldn’t find the conditioner I went in the store to buy on the shelf. I was in Walmart (they never have what I need on shelf), thought it would be the best time if never to try it. I think the 3.4oz jar is like $2.99. But I don’t know if it really works because I left it in my hair for longer than 1 minute. I will say that my hair was soft and easy to detangle after rinsing the product out after life 30 minutes. I plan to buy it again and really challenge myself to condition my hair for 1 minute.
- I just love everything about Make It Classy. Not only do they offer DIY Beauty kits, they now sell pre- prepared products. I got chance to try the Blissful Brooklyn Hair Conditioner by participating in a campaign they sponsored in May. I thought that the jar was small and that I would it all in one day. But I was surprised that I was able to get 3 usages from the 8oz jar. It has peppermint essential oils in it, so you know it smells blissful. I will be purchasing this product to add to my rotation.
- There’s this little discount store I discovered called, Ollie’s. I found a ProX by Olay Advanced Cleansing System for only $7.99. I have been in love with this tool since the day I first used it. I don’t use it everyday but I like to use it at least 3 times a week with my foam cleaners.
- I am a advocate for unscented skincare and body care product. I don’t link you should be fragrance chemical on your body. So I fell in love when I discovered Smartly Unscented Facial Cleansing Wipes at Target. I think Smartly is a brand name, maybe a store brand. There a whole product line of skincare and body stuff in Target. I haven’t found this brand anywhere else. And the products are really cheap but good. Like these wipes were $2.99 (Maybe $3.99, can’t remember, it’s been a while). these are honestly my new favorite wipes so I will be buying more.
- I love using rose water on my skin. If a product has rose water in it, I’m going to buy it just because. ULTA beauty ran a sale about the holidays for buy 1 get 1 50% off of Garnier SkinActive products. That’s when I discovered the Micellar Makeup Removing Towlettes. I like them but I have other favorites when it comes to make up remover wipes. So if there are not on sale, I mostly won’t repurchase them.
- I use toners to help keep my skin balanced and to actively prevent breakouts (if you didn’t know, now you know). iwifresh Lettuce Face It Toner is a clean beauty products made from vegetables with no harm chemicals. My skin is always hydrated by a facial mist and this one is definitely a favorite. iwifresh promotes sustainability, so they allow you to reuse your packaging. They actually encourage it. So I’ll be saving my bottle for my refill the next time I next the Garden Day Spa on 341 Nelson Street, Atlanta, GA.,
- People are always telling me I’m glowing. My glowing skin comes from iwifresh 14K Carrot Moisturizer. Its something about fresh juiced carrots that keeps my skin glowing. Its also a natural sunblock (WINNNNIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!). I don’t even think you have to ask, I will be saving my container to get more that next time I’m at iwifresh.
- My first introduction to facial mist was with Little Barn Apothecary Coconut + Pear Refreshing Mineral Mist. I got this product in a swag bag from a launch party hosted by Macy’s months back. The beauty guru at the event, suggested putting your face mist in the fridge to keep them cool for when your ready to use them. I started doing that with this product and fell in love with this product and cool face misting. I started off with the travel size, I’ve already updated to the 8oz.
- I strive to use all clean beauty product and skin care products on my skin. I’ve been told my many that Biossance is as clean as beauty products can get. So I was excited to try the Squalene + Peptide Eye Gel. I can’t say that I saw any results from using this product cause I normally don;t use an eye gel. I received this product in a VoxBox from Influenster. But now that I know about Biossance I do have a little collection of other clean beauty product.
- Kroger always have the deals y’all. I found Tom’s of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Wash Creamy Coconut on woohoo! sale for $2.99. I was drawn to buy it because the bottle states its has a natural fragrance. Y’all know I’m a huge fan of FRAGRANCE FREE products. I was interested trying a product with no chemical fragrance yet still has a scent. It honestly just smell like my coconut oil for cooking. The formula is very milky but not soapy. I only bought it cause it was on sale, nothing I plan on repurchasing.
- I DO NOT use lotion. I prefer body oils on my skin after taking shower. I prefer essential oils as my natural fragrance rather than chemical fragrance. My favorite oils ti use are by Dr. Teal’s. I find them in Kroger and Target for $4.99. I grab a few everything I’m in the store.
- My life has changed since I discovered The Honey Pot. Remember I said I strive to use only clean beauty products. Well, The Honey Pot makes a plant based feminine normal wash that works wonders. The directions tell you to use clean hands to cleanse yourself instead of a wash rag. It takes your feminine care to a whole other level. (You’re welcome, Ladies). I have several of these 2oz bottles, they are great for travel. But I also have the full size 8oz.
- I honestly stumbled across a Aveeno Moisturizing Bar. I have been using Aveeno body wash for years and never seen a FRAGRANCE FREE soap bar before. I use it after shaving my body. I wish I would have purchases more than 1 when I found it in Kroger. Now overtime I go back to buy more its never on shelf.
- I normally don’t like creams that I have to rub into my skin by the Camille Rose Cherry Truffle Whipped Buttercream feels like butter on the skin. Its really thick and almost feel sticky, but as you rub it on the skin it actually feels so soft. You actually see if melt on your skin and absorb so well into your skin, really conditioning your skin.
- White Barn Cactus Blossom Candle is literally my new favorite candle scent. I still love me some Black Tie, But it something about this scent that makes me smile.
- I use the Scentsy Authentic Scents Bergamot in my diffuser. I buy a 6 pack of essential oils just for my diffuser and Bergamot is one of the scents. I like to diffuse this scent during the day, then switch it up at night.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no additional cost to you.
Before you go…
I want to do my part as a influencer to highlight Black Owned and Women Owned Businesses. I now have a P.O. Box for brands to send in product for a social media product review post. Tell a black owned or women owned business owner you know.
575 Olympic Drive
P.O. Box 80853
Athens GA 30601