So last night I attended the really amazing FREE workshop at General Assembly at Ponce City Market (Atlanta,GA).
General Assembly hosts a variety of courses and workshops. They often host free workshops and panels that are every interactive and informative. I think I’ve attended maybe 4 workshops so far. Each workshop I’ve attended, I’ve have been able to take away something available and apply it to my career and side hustles. This event was a panel driven workshop titled, Girlboss code + digital marketing: A chat with social influencers, shakers and movers.
Most of my subscribers know that I am a full time project manager and a side hustling blogger, microinfluencer, and event planner. As I continue to grow, my goal is start my own creative business. So, I love FREE events that I can attend to teach me something new and network with some dope people.
Question of the Day: What does it take to be an entrepreneur?
(Tell me in the comment section below)
There was so much valuable knowledge and information shared in this workshop. It felt like a chip off my shoulder to hear the start up journeys of young successful entrepreneurs and influencers … from quieting your day job to lessons learned from mistakes. I left this workshop feeling a part of a community of girl bosses and inspired to keep pushing. The panel discussion were really a sense of insurance for me, that I am on the right track and I am making the right moves and IT IS going to happen for me and I WILL be all that I can be.
The panelist shared their best advise that no one told them, but they learned:
- Have confidence in yourself. #selflove is a BIG DEAL!
- Be more kind to yourself.
- Get Enough Sleep!
- Learn your customer based, streamline your business and stay in your lane.
- Recognize when you’ve made it.
- Look back at your experience, all the answer are there.
Key takeaways from the Panelist to the audience:
- Brand just means reputation and social media just means communication in this day and age
- Start where you are with what you have
- Have a support network or community
- Share your wins with your friends
- Build a Team!!!!!
- Don’t be a afraid of the word “NO”