Today, I am a full time entrepreneur learning to push through being uncomfortable with life’s circumstances and having faith in God’s promise. My testimony is not complete, I am living through it right now. But I growing and learning every day. I’m thankful for these times.
Okay, so in my last blog I introduced y’all to this new course I am taking by LadyBossBlogger. If you haven’t read that blog post, stop here and go back to read it then come back.
Now, I finally finished the course and I’m excited to share my final thoughts with you and announce the giveaway winner FREE influencer the course. Thanks to LadyBossBlogger + Elaine Rau for sponsoring this post.
First things first, I have to admit it took me longer than expected to complete the course because its all text based. I thought it would be video to watch. But I motivated to complete the course it provided so much valuable information I need to know as a influencer. My daily schedule is filled with work stuff but I was sure to keep scheduling time for me to complete this course and implement new techniques to my blogging routine.
Y’all blogging and trying to be a influencer is hard. No, it’s not rocky science but it’a lot of work. Sometimes I tend to make the process harder for myself, but this course taught me a few ways I could make things easier on myself. I committed to changing a few things I had been doing for years, and adding a few new things to my process, which landed my a paid brand deal with Africa’s Best Hair Care and increase of traffic to my website.
One thing that I started doing that I wasn’t doing before is posting on Pinterest. Just by simply sharing the same pictures in each blog post on Pinterest with links to the blog URL increased my website traffic in days. I went from 4k views on Pinterest to 8.9K views in one week. I went back and pinned blog post from last year that drove more traffic and views to those old posts.
NOW…. one of my lucky instagram followers will win a FREE LadyBossBlogger course.
Congrats Savanna Wilson– you won the @ladybossblogger giveaway! To claim your prize, post a photo of yourself on your feed talking about winning the course and tag @ladybossblogger and @elainerau in both the caption and the photo itself. Next, email firstname.lastname@example.org the link to your post and let them know which course you’d like.
I enjoyed this course so much that I have collaborated with LadyBossBlogger to offer y’all 40% off any course. The courses are $397, however with promo code KHADIJAH the course is only $238.20 for you.
Simple click the link and use promo code KHADIJAH to take advantage of this offer.
The links in this posts are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the items, I will receive a affiliate commission at no cost to you.
I consider myself to be a Boss Made Blogger. I’ve been running my blog by myself for 5 year now. There is so much I’ve learned, yet still so much I have to learn. I recently started a course called “How to Make Money As An Instagram Influencer” to educate and guide me through starting to make money using my instagram platform as a blogger and influencer. Thanks to LadyBossBlogger + Elaine Rau for sponsoring this post.
This course helps you set the foundation of new habits and routines to form in order to become a full time influencer. The course work is full of resources teaching you how to stand out as an influencer, things to avoid, how to structure your sponsored posts, and so much more.
The cost of the course is normally $397. However, I have a great deal to offer you…. in collaboration with Ladybossblogger I have a 40% promo code for you!! This means the course will only cost you $238.20. Simple click the link and use promo code KHADIJAH to take advantage of this offer.
I am half way through the course myself and I have already started pitching to brands. I’ve even been able to switch up the way I respond to brands that reach out to me for partnerships and collaborations. I haven’t even finished that course and have already landed a paid brand sponsorship by applying the strategies given in this course. From branding yourself, to creating content, pitching to brands and knowing what to charge for your talents, this course “How to Make Money As An Instagram Influencer” will help you transform your brand from something that you do for fun to something that you get paid to do for fun.
This course is so amazing that I want to make sure you have the opportunity to experience it. I am giving away 1 influencer course. The contest will run from today (July 2, 2020) to July 16, 2020. The prize will be a LadyBossBlogger course of your choice. The giveaway winner must post a photo of themselves on their feed about winning the course in order to claim the prize and your profile must be public. Must be 18+ years old to enter. Giveaway is available to contestants worldwide.
How to Enter:
- Follow me @thepassionista__ on Instagram
- Follow @ladybossblogger on Instagram
- Follow @elainerau on Instagram
- Like this photo and tag a friend in the comments!
- Earn extra entries by tagging more friends
The links in this posts are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the items, I will receive a affiliate commission at no cost to you.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a “Trashy Talk” post. So, go ahead and get your snacks and wine to read this post (I’m drinking Rosa Obscura Red Blend), cause its going to be al long one.
Before we get started, I will only be hylinking the brands or products that maybe sponsored. I’m not giving no free promo over her. So if you see a product that is linked, click it just because you love me.
- I often buy my deep treatments and hair mask in little packets. I honestly don’t know why, lol. Maybe, its the size if the packets that attract me. I’m sure its not saving any money by buying the packet over a full sized product. I normally pick these up in Dollar General or Walmart for about $1.50 each. I grab a few every time I’m in the store. I love Cantu, it does wonders for my curls. The deep treatment hair masque really restores my curls with moisture every time I use it.
- My hair can get really frizzy and look dry but not really be dry. So I’m always looking for products that help control my frizz issues and keep my hair feeling and LOOKING moisturized. Kurlee Belle’s Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment is so creamy and thick yet works into your curls really well. The creamy consistency is kindof lumpy, I feel like it really helps the formula condition my curls from root to ends. I received this product from a brand deal earlier this year, but I will definitely be purchasing this product and a few others from this line to add into my hair wash rotation.
- I’d been wanting to try the 1-minute hair mask by Garnier Fructis for al while, but I didn’t purchase it until I couldn’t find the conditioner I went in the store to buy on the shelf. I was in Walmart (they never have what I need on shelf), thought it would be the best time if never to try it. I think the 3.4oz jar is like $2.99. But I don’t know if it really works because I left it in my hair for longer than 1 minute. I will say that my hair was soft and easy to detangle after rinsing the product out after life 30 minutes. I plan to buy it again and really challenge myself to condition my hair for 1 minute.
- I just love everything about Make It Classy. Not only do they offer DIY Beauty kits, they now sell pre- prepared products. I got chance to try the Blissful Brooklyn Hair Conditioner by participating in a campaign they sponsored in May. I thought that the jar was small and that I would it all in one day. But I was surprised that I was able to get 3 usages from the 8oz jar. It has peppermint essential oils in it, so you know it smells blissful. I will be purchasing this product to add to my rotation.
- There’s this little discount store I discovered called, Ollie’s. I found a ProX by Olay Advanced Cleansing System for only $7.99. I have been in love with this tool since the day I first used it. I don’t use it everyday but I like to use it at least 3 times a week with my foam cleaners.
- I am a advocate for unscented skincare and body care product. I don’t link you should be fragrance chemical on your body. So I fell in love when I discovered Smartly Unscented Facial Cleansing Wipes at Target. I think Smartly is a brand name, maybe a store brand. There a whole product line of skincare and body stuff in Target. I haven’t found this brand anywhere else. And the products are really cheap but good. Like these wipes were $2.99 (Maybe $3.99, can’t remember, it’s been a while). these are honestly my new favorite wipes so I will be buying more.
- I love using rose water on my skin. If a product has rose water in it, I’m going to buy it just because. ULTA beauty ran a sale about the holidays for buy 1 get 1 50% off of Garnier SkinActive products. That’s when I discovered the Micellar Makeup Removing Towlettes. I like them but I have other favorites when it comes to make up remover wipes. So if there are not on sale, I mostly won’t repurchase them.
- I use toners to help keep my skin balanced and to actively prevent breakouts (if you didn’t know, now you know). iwifresh Lettuce Face It Toner is a clean beauty products made from vegetables with no harm chemicals. My skin is always hydrated by a facial mist and this one is definitely a favorite. iwifresh promotes sustainability, so they allow you to reuse your packaging. They actually encourage it. So I’ll be saving my bottle for my refill the next time I next the Garden Day Spa on 341 Nelson Street, Atlanta, GA.,
- People are always telling me I’m glowing. My glowing skin comes from iwifresh 14K Carrot Moisturizer. Its something about fresh juiced carrots that keeps my skin glowing. Its also a natural sunblock (WINNNNIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!). I don’t even think you have to ask, I will be saving my container to get more that next time I’m at iwifresh.
- My first introduction to facial mist was with Little Barn Apothecary Coconut + Pear Refreshing Mineral Mist. I got this product in a swag bag from a launch party hosted by Macy’s months back. The beauty guru at the event, suggested putting your face mist in the fridge to keep them cool for when your ready to use them. I started doing that with this product and fell in love with this product and cool face misting. I started off with the travel size, I’ve already updated to the 8oz.
- I strive to use all clean beauty product and skin care products on my skin. I’ve been told my many that Biossance is as clean as beauty products can get. So I was excited to try the Squalene + Peptide Eye Gel. I can’t say that I saw any results from using this product cause I normally don;t use an eye gel. I received this product in a VoxBox from Influenster. But now that I know about Biossance I do have a little collection of other clean beauty product.
- Kroger always have the deals y’all. I found Tom’s of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Wash Creamy Coconut on woohoo! sale for $2.99. I was drawn to buy it because the bottle states its has a natural fragrance. Y’all know I’m a huge fan of FRAGRANCE FREE products. I was interested trying a product with no chemical fragrance yet still has a scent. It honestly just smell like my coconut oil for cooking. The formula is very milky but not soapy. I only bought it cause it was on sale, nothing I plan on repurchasing.
- I DO NOT use lotion. I prefer body oils on my skin after taking shower. I prefer essential oils as my natural fragrance rather than chemical fragrance. My favorite oils ti use are by Dr. Teal’s. I find them in Kroger and Target for $4.99. I grab a few everything I’m in the store.
- My life has changed since I discovered The Honey Pot. Remember I said I strive to use only clean beauty products. Well, The Honey Pot makes a plant based feminine normal wash that works wonders. The directions tell you to use clean hands to cleanse yourself instead of a wash rag. It takes your feminine care to a whole other level. (You’re welcome, Ladies). I have several of these 2oz bottles, they are great for travel. But I also have the full size 8oz.
- I honestly stumbled across a Aveeno Moisturizing Bar. I have been using Aveeno body wash for years and never seen a FRAGRANCE FREE soap bar before. I use it after shaving my body. I wish I would have purchases more than 1 when I found it in Kroger. Now overtime I go back to buy more its never on shelf.
- I normally don’t like creams that I have to rub into my skin by the Camille Rose Cherry Truffle Whipped Buttercream feels like butter on the skin. Its really thick and almost feel sticky, but as you rub it on the skin it actually feels so soft. You actually see if melt on your skin and absorb so well into your skin, really conditioning your skin.
- White Barn Cactus Blossom Candle is literally my new favorite candle scent. I still love me some Black Tie, But it something about this scent that makes me smile.
- I use the Scentsy Authentic Scents Bergamot in my diffuser. I buy a 6 pack of essential oils just for my diffuser and Bergamot is one of the scents. I like to diffuse this scent during the day, then switch it up at night.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no additional cost to you.
Before you go…
I want to do my part as a influencer to highlight Black Owned and Women Owned Businesses. I now have a P.O. Box for brands to send in product for a social media product review post. Tell a black owned or women owned business owner you know.
575 Olympic Drive
P.O. Box 80853
Athens GA 30601
I know we are still in the middle of a pandemic, but its time to embrace the fun of outdoors. If you don’t know, I am a Event Planner and I love creating memorable events. This past weekends me and my creative crew created this Brunchelle Themed Outdoor vibe that had everyone that attended in awe.
Using our imagination we created a backyard coachella experience. We also wanted to make it stylish and chic for the perfect photo opts.
Here are 5 tips for sprucing up your outdoor entertaining.
Use blankets, pillows, and FREE palettes to create a vibe.
The most effective way to decor for your outside event is to utilize things you already have. Make what you have on hand work in the favor of your event.
Entertain with an outdoor movie or karaoke.
Be able to thoroughly entertain your guests. There’s nothing like watching your favorite comedy or love story on a big outdoor screen while enjoying the summer breeze. If movies aren’t your thing, shake the vibe up with a little karaoke.
Apply plenty of style by having a theme.
Pinterest is my go to for all my event and craft inspiration. I start their to find inspiration for a theme and then my creative juices get to running. A themed event always makes the night more memorable. For our brunchella, we asked everyone to wear festival attire. It truly made people feel like they were at Coachella.
Curate good food to go along with the good time.
You can’t party on a empty stomach. Serve food in glass containers to preserve the food over time and keep the bugs away.
Keep the bugs away.
Prepare your outdoor space by spraying for bugs before the event. Have bug spray for your guests and other repellents to keep the area bug free.
Keep up with my next memorable experience by following the creative team, Styled2Party.
Styled2party was designed to create styled photo shoots of all kinds while bringing together industry creatives through resource networking! The goal of each shoot is to not only increase each creatives network, but to also diversify or add needed content to their portfolios for self marketing purposes.
Stay safe and comeback next week.
I often struggle to keep up with my keys and wallet, now I have to add face masks to the list. Face masks are our new accessory. I’m NOT going outside without a mask on my face to protect me. With us still not knowing the facts about coronavirus, I think we all should be required to wear a mask outside of the house until someone provided honest and factual details about Coronavirus.
Be let’s be honest, wearing a face mask is something you definitely have to get used to. You really have to switch up your entire normal routines to accommodate our new normal. Just yesterday, I got in my car to go to the show and pulling out the driveway I realized I didn’t have my phone or face mask. Of course I had to turn around to get both items.
With face masks being the new normal, let’s talk about how to care for your skin.
#1 Don’t wear make up with your face mask.
Wearing a face mask creates moisture. If you’ve worn a face mask longer than 10 to 15 minutes you know what I mean. If you are wearing make up on your face that moisture can result to clogging your pores cause breakouts.
#2 Add essential oils to a coffee filter to put inside you mask to help you breathe
Breathing while wearing a face mask can be challenging depending on the type on face mask you are wearing. Wearing glasses can even be challenging when wearing a face mask. One thing I’ve started doing is using a coffee filter with a few drops of Lavender essential oils to help soothe my breathing process while wearing the face mask. After using it once I trash the coffee filter and use a fresh one during the next usage.
#3 Wash your face with clean hands after every time you wear a mask
You should be washing your face just as much as your are washing your hands. Each time you remove your face mask you should wash you hands, then wash your face to cleanse your face of any bacteria build up.
#4 Wash your mask after each use
Please don’t wear the same mask over and over again with out washing it. I have started collecting face masks. I make it a habit to wash each face mask after every use. I may use 1 or 2 per day. You can hand wash them soap and hot water then hang them to dry.
#5 Get some vitamin D
Be sure to still give your skin the vitamin D it needs. I like to take a walk around my yard daily to get some Vitamin D for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Stay safe, see you next week!
Today, I have a treat for you! I’ve discovered some new natural hair products that are absolutely amazing for moisturizing your curls, blocking frizz, and giving your curls a overall healthier look.
Design Essentials has blessed the natural hair community with a Almond & Avocado collection. The products I’ll be featuring in this blog is the Almond & Avocado Conditioner , Almond & Avocado Leave- In Conditioner, Almond & Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse, and Almond & AvocadoMoisture Primer Pre Styling Whip.
See how I use these Design Essential products to create a protective style for my curls:
Special thanks to Design Essentials Natural Hair for sponsoring this video. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no additional cost to you.
Mielle Organics just released a collection of rice water products. Even though I gave up on rice water a while back, y’all know I had to cope this collection to test it out.
This collection comes complete with a split end therapy serum, moisturizing milk, clay masque, and shine mist. Mille Organics is even offering this products for $5 each on their website right now (for a limited time of course). Don’t say I ain’t never put you on game. After you read this blog, head over to their website to order your new products.
So I decided I’d get cute and share a “Get Ready With Me” video of me using the collection for the first time and give y’all my honest opinions on each product.
Y’all know I used to make my own rice water, and I complained about the deadly smell it produced. The smell was one of the main reasons why I stopped using rice water. Surprisingly, these product smell fairly good. they don’t stink and they do leave your hair smelling good. If you know what pure rice water smells, you get hint of it in these products. But nothing overbearing at all.
The split end therapy serum is something I’ve been needing and didn’t even know. I don’t trim my ends as often as I should. I can’t remember the last time I had my ends trimmed. This serum is lightweight product designed to strengthen your ends and can be used daily. I decided to apply it to my hair before applying the clay masque and letting them both sit on my hair for 30 minutes before rinsing out and styling.
Now the clay masque is something special. It smells amazing and I love that it is pink. But it’s not just for detoxifying your hair, you can use it on your body too. I love a product with multiple usage benefits.
I slick have a bone to pick with the moisturizing milk but I’m not going to be picky. It flakes a little — or maybe it was the way I used the product. Overall, the product is thick yet very moisturizing. My protective style was looking well moisturized for a few days. When I did need a little hydration I used the shine mist to refresh my style.
Now, the shine mist is my favorite product from this line. I get real spray happy with this product everyday. It’s easy to spray and it hits a wide range of hair per spray. Best of all it feels amazing on my scalp.
For only $5 (right now) GO RACK UP SIS!!!!!
I have been admiring these 2 rose brushes that grown in front of my parents room. They have been there for years. For some reason this year I took a strong interest in watching them grow (maybe due to having to look at them everyday due to being quarantined). Now that they are fully bloomed, all I wanted to do is cut them and make stuff. Don’t worry I didn’t cut all of them off but I did snag a few.
I made my own rose water. This is my second time making rose water. the first time I made rose water I used a Make It Classy DIY kit, where all the ingredient were included and I just followed the direction on the recipe card provided. But this time. I cut about 7 roses from the rose brush and made some homemade rose water. And you already know, I’m going to share with you how I did it in this blog.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Some organic rose (Please don’t use store bought roses, they have pesticides on them and you don’t want to spray that on your skin to get in your blood stream)
- Distilled Water
- A strainer
- Container for storage
Okay, so after I cut my roses from the rose brush, I gently picked the peddles from the buds and rinsed them with cold water.
Next, using a pot I boiled about 4 cups of distilled water on the stove. Be sure to let the water come to a boil before adding your roses.
Once your water is boiling you can add your rose peddles and place a cover over the top. Let them boil until the color has left the roses, about 10 -12 minutes.
Finally, let the water cool, then place in a spray bottle or jar for storage.
For best use keep your rose water refrigerated. You can use and store your home made rose water for up to 1 month.
I don’t know about you, but its really hard for me to stick to a routine. I like to have a plan but I can’t do the same thing everyday over and over again. So, when it comes to skincare I can never keep a routine for 21 days. I just have good skincare habits. I know my skin, so I generally know what my skin needs.
When it comes to my hair and skin I love trying different products and brands. I am truly a product junkie. I like to explore what works for me and what doesn’t. Trying a variety of products also helps me with content as a influencer.
Last week I decided to create e video sharing everything I do to my face in 1 week. [Fair warning] This is a lengthy video but its worth watching if your a beauty guru and product junkie like myself.
Pro X by Olay Advance Cleansing System
Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser
Equate Beauty Rose Water Cleansing Towelettes
Kiel’s Ultra Face Toner
Olay Ritinol 24 Night Serum
Shea Moisture Bamboo Charcoal Detoxifying Foam Wash
Trader Joe’s Rose Oil
Little Barn Coconut +Mint Mineral Mist
iwifresh Squash It Out Cleanser
iwifresh 14k Carrot Glow Moisturizer
iwifresh Lettuce Face It Toner
Olay Dry Towelettes
Formula 10.0.6 Smooth Operator Face Scrub
Epielle Vitamin E Sheet Mask
Garnier Rose Water Micellar Water
C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Might Balm
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
Tell me, what are some of your skincare habits?
So I’m bored in the house and I’m in the house bored. I’m such a busy body that I can’t stay still. Doing nothing really bothers me. Sunday was wash day and I decided to do something special to my hair.
Thanks to a few YouTube videos I was able to figure out how to master installing Passion Twist to my natural hair. Honestly it started off complicated, then got easier as I figured out what the hell I was doing. But if I can do these to my on head- SO CAN YOU SIS!!!!!
I don’t know if I would call this a tutorial or just a video of me doing my own passion twist (I’m no professional by far) but check my video.
Products I used:
5 packs of X-pressions Passion Twist Hair ($5.99 each)
Dark n Lovely Jam
Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey
Now that I have installed my own passion twist you not gonna be able to tell me anything. I spent less then $40 to and 4 hours to achieve this look. This is be my new go to style when I know I’m not going to want to do my hair for a couple of weeks.
Tell me in the comments, how did I do?