Share with me other outdoor places you go to work, relax, or read a book.
I’m all about good vaginal health and finding comfort during that time of the month. A few years ago, I stopped buying Always and Kotex products because of the unreported harmful ingredients in their products. I started using organic (100% cotton) pads and tampons. My current favorite brand of pads, tampons and liners is The Honey Pot. But I was recently introduced to a new brand that helps relieve the discomfort of your period.
NannoPad has nannogenic technology infused in their pads and tampons. Now when I first read this on the packaging of the product, my first thought was “why does a pad need technology?” But I think that’s just a fancy word that a group of marketing folks thought would help sell the product. But from my understand the all natural nannogenic “technology” is infused into the pads to improve blood circulation and thus, helps in relieving menstrual discomfort. Luckily, I don’t cramp much during my time of the month. I mostly cramp or feel discomfort on the first day of my period or when I’ve gone long periods of time without eating.
I tried the NannoPad pads and liners for about an month. I would say the experience was good. Nothing out of the norm happened. I didn’t experience any cramping while wearing them either. I like that the pads are ultra absorbent because I did notice a slightly heavier flow than I’m used to, but I figured that was from the blood circulation benefits of these pads.
NannoPad is the first innovative menstrual pads developed to help relieve menstrual discomfort naturally with no drugs or medications! It is made with certified organic cotton, as thin as a nickel with up to 180ml absorbency.
These pads are ultra absorbent , extra breathable, super thin, controls odor, relives discomfort, and are free from chemical, dyes, and fragrance.
If you looking for a product that helps relieve the discomfort of your period without taking any drug or meditation, I recommend you try the multipack, which contains 18 pantyliners, 12 regular pads, and 6 super pads.
I received this product complimentary in exchange for my honest review. Thank you NannoCare for allowing my the opportunity to experience this all natural remedy.
Can you believe it’s the end of August? Seems like time is flying by so quickly and most of my time has been spent in the house this year. I haven’t felt my toes in beach sand all year… and that just ain’t right!!!
My days seems to be full of work, WERK, work and more work. Even though I’m in house out of the time (due to COVID-19), I find myself being more busy now than I’ve ever been before. There always seems to be some project to coordinate, e-mails to send, and ideas to plan. For instance, this week I started planning for my annual Self Care November and Blogmas. It’s never too early to start planning in my mind, but I easily let these things consume me and my time.
I want to be more intentional about taking care of my mind, body and soul- and encourage y’all to do the same. Here are 7 things you can do to take care of yourself.
- Drink Water!
Drinking water helps improve your memory and mood, reduces headaches and migraines, and prevents other health issues like kidney stones, dehydrations and bladder infections.
My motto is, ” Drink your water and mind your business” lol
Meditation is a great way to control anxiety. Lately, I find myself getting anxious more than ever before which makes it hard to meditate sometimes. But I continue to try to meditate and take 5 minutes out of my day to just relax. You deserve your 5 minutes !!!
I love to write (One of the main reasons why I started this blog). I find joy in writing my journal everyday, either in the morning or right before bed. Journaling can help you control your mood and attitudes by tracking your thoughts, feelings and fears.
4. Reward Yourself
Celebrate the little victories from day to day. During things times achieving any goals is big deal!!! This can help boost your self confidence and also help maintain healthy habits.
5. Get Dressed Up
I’ve fell off with getting dressed up. I’m always in lounge clothes or oversized t-shirts because there is no where to go, unless I’m running to the store or going to visit a friend. But I have found getting dressed up one day a week to brighten up my mood.
6. Facetime A Friend
This pandemic is truly hard for people like me who are extrovert and love being social and being around people. On Friday nights, I get sad thinking about the plans I could of made. I’m that girl that usually ALWAYS has plans, especially on the weekends. So now I just make FaceTime dates. I love the group FaceTime feature. I can sit on FaceTime with my friends all night playing games, drinking and talking shit. LOL!
Talk to God! You shouldn’t need a reason to call him. Just talk to God, simple.
Before you go… check out these cute pics I took this past Sunday when I decided to get out the house for some blog pictures.
Shirt By: Beahive Boutique
I love my curls big and fluffy. I’m always looking for new ways to treat and style my hair. I’ve discovered a new styling tool that gives me Voluminous luscious curls without any heat.
This styling method works on all types of hair and all ages. Head over to Octo Curl‘s Instagram page and check them out.
Thank you @octocurl for being the inspiration for this weeks blog post and natural hair style.
After using the Octo Curl, I was so happy with my results. At first look I didn’t think the styling tool would work for my hair. I was thinking that my hair is too thick and frizzy for the Octo Curl but I was mistaken. I styled my hair with damped hair and let it air dry over night. The styling tool is much more comfortable to sleep in than flexi rods. I think this is a tool I will be using more often.
Thank you Octo Curl for being the inspiration for this weeks blog post and natural hair style.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a DIY project for the blog.
Today, I will be showing y’all how I created this cute greenery wall in my bedroom.
This DIY was super easy and cheap to make.
All you need is greenery vines (which can be purchased on Amazon), 2 thumb tacks, floral wire, and floral tape.
Step 1: Place the thumb tacks evening in the wall covering the area you want your greenery to hang.
Step 2: Wrap the floral wire around the thumb tack from one end to the other, firmly.
Step 3: Take the tail end of your greenery vine to make a loop around the wire. Then use a small piece of floral tape to secure your loop. Repeat until you have hung all your vines.
Step 4: Spread out your vines to your liking.
Today I have a story to share. I pride myself in keeping 80% of my “personal” business detached from my blog, my business, and social media. I just feel like some stuff should remain personal. So the content that I create and the work I do is what I share, my personal life is off limits….. PERIOD!
But today I am going to open up to y’all in a way I don’t think I have done before on the blog. Thank you to Testimony Clothing Brand for encouraging me to- wear my testimony and share my testimony.
Testimony clothing brand is on a mission to speak conversations that unite communities and bring radical improvements in the areas of mental health and social equality.
2020 has been a year, and it’s only August. I can’t say it’s been a bad year. I can say God has been good to me. For years, I have had entrepreneurial aspirations but I didn’t have faith in myself to just do start the business. So I went to college and started a career in Corporate America, working for someone else doing the same things I wanted to build a business doing for myself. My degree and Corporate America became my safety net even before actually obtaining the degree or getting my first job. Throughout college (undergrad and grad school) I would tell myself, “I’m putting in the work now to get my dream job later” but a corner office owned by someone else is not my dream job. A corner office with an amazing skyline view that’s owned and operated by me is my aspiration.
May 2019, I was laid off my job for the 2nd time in my overall 6 year career in Corporate America. The first time I got laid off from a job, I was in a panic and feared for my future. But this time I felt so much peace after being laid off. Honestly I slept better and I felt better. Yet I had no plan. My time and funds were limited but I knew I had to make something shake. I spent days trying to wrap my head around running an business, making enough money to maintain on my own, and provide a service that has a great impact on small businesses. My business The Passion Palette serves small business owners who do not have a fully staffed marketing team. I offered project based marketing services and event planning to small businesses in the Atlanta area or virtually across the nation. Honey, running a business is not for the weak! I have made so many mistakes, probably making a few new ones as I write this blog, but I am learning. God has placed me in the season to learn, grow and flourish. If someone had told me I’d be a full time entrepreneur, sort of winging it day by day this time last year, I would have laughed in their face and told them they were tripping.
It’s been a little over a year and in the midst of a pandemic my business is thriving. And it’s all because I let go of my fear and started believing in myself and putting all my faith in God. I am learning everyday and on a path to becoming a better me. I know there are still some bad and good days ahead but I have faith. This season has taught me to be grateful and stay focused. A lesson that I could of and should of learned long ago, but God works in the most blissful ways.
Today, I am a full time entrepreneur learning to push through being uncomfortable with life’s circumstances and having faith in God’s promise. My testimony is not complete, I am living through it right now. But I growing and learning every day. I’m thankful for these times.
Purchase your Testimony tee and share your story!
Tomorrow is my birthday !!!!!! 29 laps around the sun and I’m so blessed. As I get even closer to 30, I think about my younger self and how I imagined my life would be. I can’t believe I actually thought I would be married with kids by 25. Knowing what I know now and the experiences this journey called life has brought me the thought of that is almost laughable. Don’t get me wrong, I still want those things … but the fact that I used to put age labels on life achievements is just laughable.
For my birthday I’m going to gift y’all with 10 things my 20’s have taught me.
Have a grateful heart.
Have faith over fear.
Believe in yourself or don’t expect others to believe in you either.
Live for today, because tomorrow is not promised.
Don’t let ANYTHING or ANYONE disturb your peace.
Some people are seasonal. When some one shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM. And move on.
Everybody is not your friend, so cherish genuine friendships and relationships, because they are rare and hard to come by these days.
A set back is a set up for a comeback. It’s all a process!
Sow a seed, watch it grow! #PERIODT
Invest in others! Invest in yourself! Invest in your community! Invest in Stock!
Most importantly, be the person you want in your life !!!!
Before you go, tell me something your 20’s taught you. If you’re reading this and your not 20 yet- bless your heart!
If you’ve been following me on social media I have expressed how I’ve been struggling with creating content lately. I used to be so on top of my game with creating content and being consistent with creating and scheduling blog post and social media posts. I was really starting to see growth in both my website subscribers and social media platforms. But life happens! My business started growing and my blog suffered. Now I’ve been struggling to find ways to remain consistent between my blog and my business, because both of them at lacking right now.
So, I am taking a different approach and holding myself accountable for the following practices.
- Making blogging and being a influencer a Lifestyle and not a hobby.
- Scheduling time for planning and preparing.
- Do everything with the same passion an drive I had when I launched Passionlocked.com
Now, I’m going to need y’all help to keep me accountable as well. that’s why I am letting y’all know this.
Here is how I plan to prepare my monthly content for the blog and social media
- Review my brand deals, sponsorships, and collaborations and fill my calendar with dates that these things need to be posted.
- Fill in other dates with natural hair, skincare, DIY or lifestyle content
- Schedule 2 dates a month to shoot sponsored content
- Schedule weekly time blocks to prepare and edit blogs and social media posts
To make things easier on me I started a blogging journal to write all of my blog ideas, grows, rates and track my growth. Up until now I’ve been using my notes app on my phone to jot down things as I think of them.
Even tho I have a editorial calendar, I bought a calendar so that I am able to write out my schedule for blogging, deadlines and photoshoots and hang it in a place that I will see everyday as daily reminders.
I’ve decided to switch my scheduling app from Hootsuite to Later, because Later seems to be a bit more functional and has more features I need for creating content.
August is the 1st month I will be applying these steps and new strategy. Wish me luck!
Okay, so in my last blog I introduced y’all to this new course I am taking by LadyBossBlogger. If you haven’t read that blog post, stop here and go back to read it then come back.
Now, I finally finished the course and I’m excited to share my final thoughts with you and announce the giveaway winner FREE influencer the course. Thanks to LadyBossBlogger + Elaine Rau for sponsoring this post.
First things first, I have to admit it took me longer than expected to complete the course because its all text based. I thought it would be video to watch. But I motivated to complete the course it provided so much valuable information I need to know as a influencer. My daily schedule is filled with work stuff but I was sure to keep scheduling time for me to complete this course and implement new techniques to my blogging routine.
Y’all blogging and trying to be a influencer is hard. No, it’s not rocky science but it’a lot of work. Sometimes I tend to make the process harder for myself, but this course taught me a few ways I could make things easier on myself. I committed to changing a few things I had been doing for years, and adding a few new things to my process, which landed my a paid brand deal with Africa’s Best Hair Care and increase of traffic to my website.
One thing that I started doing that I wasn’t doing before is posting on Pinterest. Just by simply sharing the same pictures in each blog post on Pinterest with links to the blog URL increased my website traffic in days. I went from 4k views on Pinterest to 8.9K views in one week. I went back and pinned blog post from last year that drove more traffic and views to those old posts.
NOW…. one of my lucky instagram followers will win a FREE LadyBossBlogger course.
Congrats Savanna Wilson– you won the @ladybossblogger giveaway! To claim your prize, post a photo of yourself on your feed talking about winning the course and tag @ladybossblogger and @elainerau in both the caption and the photo itself. Next, email email@example.com the link to your post and let them know which course you’d like.
I enjoyed this course so much that I have collaborated with LadyBossBlogger to offer y’all 40% off any course. The courses are $397, however with promo code KHADIJAH the course is only $238.20 for you.
Simple click the link and use promo code KHADIJAH to take advantage of this offer.
The links in this posts are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the items, I will receive a affiliate commission at no cost to you.
I consider myself to be a Boss Made Blogger. I’ve been running my blog by myself for 5 year now. There is so much I’ve learned, yet still so much I have to learn. I recently started a course called “How to Make Money As An Instagram Influencer” to educate and guide me through starting to make money using my instagram platform as a blogger and influencer. Thanks to LadyBossBlogger + Elaine Rau for sponsoring this post.
This course helps you set the foundation of new habits and routines to form in order to become a full time influencer. The course work is full of resources teaching you how to stand out as an influencer, things to avoid, how to structure your sponsored posts, and so much more.
The cost of the course is normally $397. However, I have a great deal to offer you…. in collaboration with Ladybossblogger I have a 40% promo code for you!! This means the course will only cost you $238.20. Simple click the link and use promo code KHADIJAH to take advantage of this offer.
I am half way through the course myself and I have already started pitching to brands. I’ve even been able to switch up the way I respond to brands that reach out to me for partnerships and collaborations. I haven’t even finished that course and have already landed a paid brand sponsorship by applying the strategies given in this course. From branding yourself, to creating content, pitching to brands and knowing what to charge for your talents, this course “How to Make Money As An Instagram Influencer” will help you transform your brand from something that you do for fun to something that you get paid to do for fun.
This course is so amazing that I want to make sure you have the opportunity to experience it. I am giving away 1 influencer course. The contest will run from today (July 2, 2020) to July 16, 2020. The prize will be a LadyBossBlogger course of your choice. The giveaway winner must post a photo of themselves on their feed about winning the course in order to claim the prize and your profile must be public. Must be 18+ years old to enter. Giveaway is available to contestants worldwide.
How to Enter:
- Follow me @thepassionista__ on Instagram
- Follow @ladybossblogger on Instagram
- Follow @elainerau on Instagram
- Like this photo and tag a friend in the comments!
- Earn extra entries by tagging more friends
The links in this posts are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the items, I will receive a affiliate commission at no cost to you.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a “Trashy Talk” post. So, go ahead and get your snacks and wine to read this post (I’m drinking Rosa Obscura Red Blend), cause its going to be al long one.
Before we get started, I will only be hylinking the brands or products that maybe sponsored. I’m not giving no free promo over her. So if you see a product that is linked, click it just because you love me.
- I often buy my deep treatments and hair mask in little packets. I honestly don’t know why, lol. Maybe, its the size if the packets that attract me. I’m sure its not saving any money by buying the packet over a full sized product. I normally pick these up in Dollar General or Walmart for about $1.50 each. I grab a few every time I’m in the store. I love Cantu, it does wonders for my curls. The deep treatment hair masque really restores my curls with moisture every time I use it.
- My hair can get really frizzy and look dry but not really be dry. So I’m always looking for products that help control my frizz issues and keep my hair feeling and LOOKING moisturized. Kurlee Belle’s Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment is so creamy and thick yet works into your curls really well. The creamy consistency is kindof lumpy, I feel like it really helps the formula condition my curls from root to ends. I received this product from a brand deal earlier this year, but I will definitely be purchasing this product and a few others from this line to add into my hair wash rotation.
- I’d been wanting to try the 1-minute hair mask by Garnier Fructis for al while, but I didn’t purchase it until I couldn’t find the conditioner I went in the store to buy on the shelf. I was in Walmart (they never have what I need on shelf), thought it would be the best time if never to try it. I think the 3.4oz jar is like $2.99. But I don’t know if it really works because I left it in my hair for longer than 1 minute. I will say that my hair was soft and easy to detangle after rinsing the product out after life 30 minutes. I plan to buy it again and really challenge myself to condition my hair for 1 minute.
- I just love everything about Make It Classy. Not only do they offer DIY Beauty kits, they now sell pre- prepared products. I got chance to try the Blissful Brooklyn Hair Conditioner by participating in a campaign they sponsored in May. I thought that the jar was small and that I would it all in one day. But I was surprised that I was able to get 3 usages from the 8oz jar. It has peppermint essential oils in it, so you know it smells blissful. I will be purchasing this product to add to my rotation.
- There’s this little discount store I discovered called, Ollie’s. I found a ProX by Olay Advanced Cleansing System for only $7.99. I have been in love with this tool since the day I first used it. I don’t use it everyday but I like to use it at least 3 times a week with my foam cleaners.
- I am a advocate for unscented skincare and body care product. I don’t link you should be fragrance chemical on your body. So I fell in love when I discovered Smartly Unscented Facial Cleansing Wipes at Target. I think Smartly is a brand name, maybe a store brand. There a whole product line of skincare and body stuff in Target. I haven’t found this brand anywhere else. And the products are really cheap but good. Like these wipes were $2.99 (Maybe $3.99, can’t remember, it’s been a while). these are honestly my new favorite wipes so I will be buying more.
- I love using rose water on my skin. If a product has rose water in it, I’m going to buy it just because. ULTA beauty ran a sale about the holidays for buy 1 get 1 50% off of Garnier SkinActive products. That’s when I discovered the Micellar Makeup Removing Towlettes. I like them but I have other favorites when it comes to make up remover wipes. So if there are not on sale, I mostly won’t repurchase them.
- I use toners to help keep my skin balanced and to actively prevent breakouts (if you didn’t know, now you know). iwifresh Lettuce Face It Toner is a clean beauty products made from vegetables with no harm chemicals. My skin is always hydrated by a facial mist and this one is definitely a favorite. iwifresh promotes sustainability, so they allow you to reuse your packaging. They actually encourage it. So I’ll be saving my bottle for my refill the next time I next the Garden Day Spa on 341 Nelson Street, Atlanta, GA.,
- People are always telling me I’m glowing. My glowing skin comes from iwifresh 14K Carrot Moisturizer. Its something about fresh juiced carrots that keeps my skin glowing. Its also a natural sunblock (WINNNNIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!). I don’t even think you have to ask, I will be saving my container to get more that next time I’m at iwifresh.
- My first introduction to facial mist was with Little Barn Apothecary Coconut + Pear Refreshing Mineral Mist. I got this product in a swag bag from a launch party hosted by Macy’s months back. The beauty guru at the event, suggested putting your face mist in the fridge to keep them cool for when your ready to use them. I started doing that with this product and fell in love with this product and cool face misting. I started off with the travel size, I’ve already updated to the 8oz.
- I strive to use all clean beauty product and skin care products on my skin. I’ve been told my many that Biossance is as clean as beauty products can get. So I was excited to try the Squalene + Peptide Eye Gel. I can’t say that I saw any results from using this product cause I normally don;t use an eye gel. I received this product in a VoxBox from Influenster. But now that I know about Biossance I do have a little collection of other clean beauty product.
- Kroger always have the deals y’all. I found Tom’s of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Wash Creamy Coconut on woohoo! sale for $2.99. I was drawn to buy it because the bottle states its has a natural fragrance. Y’all know I’m a huge fan of FRAGRANCE FREE products. I was interested trying a product with no chemical fragrance yet still has a scent. It honestly just smell like my coconut oil for cooking. The formula is very milky but not soapy. I only bought it cause it was on sale, nothing I plan on repurchasing.
- I DO NOT use lotion. I prefer body oils on my skin after taking shower. I prefer essential oils as my natural fragrance rather than chemical fragrance. My favorite oils ti use are by Dr. Teal’s. I find them in Kroger and Target for $4.99. I grab a few everything I’m in the store.
- My life has changed since I discovered The Honey Pot. Remember I said I strive to use only clean beauty products. Well, The Honey Pot makes a plant based feminine normal wash that works wonders. The directions tell you to use clean hands to cleanse yourself instead of a wash rag. It takes your feminine care to a whole other level. (You’re welcome, Ladies). I have several of these 2oz bottles, they are great for travel. But I also have the full size 8oz.
- I honestly stumbled across a Aveeno Moisturizing Bar. I have been using Aveeno body wash for years and never seen a FRAGRANCE FREE soap bar before. I use it after shaving my body. I wish I would have purchases more than 1 when I found it in Kroger. Now overtime I go back to buy more its never on shelf.
- I normally don’t like creams that I have to rub into my skin by the Camille Rose Cherry Truffle Whipped Buttercream feels like butter on the skin. Its really thick and almost feel sticky, but as you rub it on the skin it actually feels so soft. You actually see if melt on your skin and absorb so well into your skin, really conditioning your skin.
- White Barn Cactus Blossom Candle is literally my new favorite candle scent. I still love me some Black Tie, But it something about this scent that makes me smile.
- I use the Scentsy Authentic Scents Bergamot in my diffuser. I buy a 6 pack of essential oils just for my diffuser and Bergamot is one of the scents. I like to diffuse this scent during the day, then switch it up at night.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no additional cost to you.
Before you go…
I want to do my part as a influencer to highlight Black Owned and Women Owned Businesses. I now have a P.O. Box for brands to send in product for a social media product review post. Tell a black owned or women owned business owner you know.
575 Olympic Drive
P.O. Box 80853
Athens GA 30601